Monday 8 December 2008

Home.

... because it's where the heart lies.


So, I'm back in Malaysia!! =)


It's 7.55 am, Malaysian time, obviously. I woke up at 7.30 am. Not my fault lah, time difference, it's 10.55 am in Australia now. =P


About the flight yesterday.


OMG I AM SO TICKED OFF !!!


I'm on the plane now, writing this in Notepad (no internet obviously, I'll just copy and paste it onto Blogger later).


So. You know how long flights are usually quite uncomfortable? Like, you don't have enough room, and things like that?


But normally people just deal, you know? And maybe complain about it later, but regardless, they DEAL.


So there I am, sitting down in my own seat, minding my own business. I try to lean my chair back again, because for some reason its gone back to the upright position.


It sort of felt like someone was pushing my seat from the back, and I thought, maybe, you know, some kid behind is just stretching or whatever.


I try to push it back, and it won't go back. Like, it was meeting some kind of resistance. I thought the chair might be stuck. Or that it was already leaned back. But then I look at the chair beside me (empty seat), and my chair is in the same position as that chair - upright.


Then I realise, something from the back keeps pushing my chair forwards.


After a while, I realised that the guy behind was trying to push my chair forwards so that I wouldn't lean it back.


At first I was kind of amused, I mean, that's just a tad bit childish, you know? Trying to push someone's seat so that they can't lean it back.


And hey, I've done it before... when I was approximately 8 years old. Okay fine, maybe not that exactly, but you get my point. I was younger.


So after like about one hour of me sporadically trying to lean my chair back, and the guy trying to push my chair forwards, I give up and turn behind and say, "Hey, sorry, can I just lean my chair back?" because I figured, you know, maybe he doesn't realise he's blocking my chair from leaning back.


And then he shrugs, points to his knees and says, "My knees are there".


WTH ??????????


I mean, like, W. T. H. man, I have a right to lean my seat backwards, if you have long legs, it's not my problem! Get a business class seat next time! You can't make other people compromise their comfort just so YOU can be comfortable. If you're family, or friends.. that's different. I don't even know this guy!


So like, after he said that, I was totally stunned, and I just turned away and looked at my screen. I thought, fine, whatever, forget it, I'll be alright, ya know? So I tried to distract myself by playing Bejeweled 2. Played for a while, and then my shoulder really started hurting.


Oh, I didn't mention before, did I? I wouldn't mind sitting with the seat upright, except that my neck gets really strained, and I've already got a problem with my shoulder from the injury last time, it hurts like nobody's business.


So I fumed to myself for a few more minutes, and then turned back and said "Hey mate, I'm really sorry, I know it's uncomfortable for you, but it's pretty unfair, you've got your chair leaned back, the person in front of me has his chair leaned back too. I've got a shoulder injurty that hasn't fully recovered, and it's really not comfortable for me".


And just as I'm starting to say, "Hey mate, I'm really sorry....", HE mutters under his breath, "Jesus Christ, not again".


W. T. H.


And after I finish saying all that, he gives me a dismissive wave and says, "Yeah fine, go ahead".


And, IRRITATED as I am, I say, "Thank you very much".


And I try to push my chair back.


AND HE'S BLOCKING IT WITH HIS KNEES SO I CAN'T PUSH IT BACK.


Bl**dy hell, it's like dealing with a kid that just wants to spite you! And I have a freaking RIGHT to lean my chair back. Seriously, wth man.


I can SO go and complain to the stewardess or whatever, but you know what, forget it, I don't want to make a big issue out of this. So I just sat there and fumed that this ADULT, most likely business man, can be so INCONSIDERATE. Whatever. At least I know his behaviour isn't representative of Caucasians or something. Most of them are NICE. Grrr.




Okay, that's all I managed to type in my computer before the battery ran out. But the point is.


*fumes*mumbles*grumbles*fumes*



Okay that's enough. So when I got to the Arrivals hall, I saw my dad waiting for me. So I went to him and happily said, "Hi dad!!", and he said "hi" back, and then he goes "Wah, you've put on weight, huh? Look at your face, it's round!"


=.=


So I go, "Thanks, dad, it just HAD to be the first thing you said to me".


But it was fun. My dad had better just have been teasing me. Because it hasn't been a recent putting on weight, it's been there for quite a while already. =(


So sad. *sigh*


Now on to other matters:


MY PHONE IS NOT WORKING!!!


Wait, let me rephrase. My phone IS working. The SIM card isn't. =.=


It says "no service"!!


But I checked prior to coming back here, it doesn't expire till, oh, I don't know, the 9th of December or the 12th or something.


I have to get it checked out. I don't want to change to a new number, it's so troublesome!


But anyway, so you people know - I'm BACK, and my handphone isn't working. Gah.


Oh right, so this morning right, I woke up early, with the idea in my head that I was going to go run outside for about 15 minutes. So I got up, and started changing. Then I went to the computer and reset my desktop weather update icon to Malaysian weather, instead of Australian weather. And then when it loaded, I saw "23 degrees Celsius, raining".


And I went, "Huh? But it's not raining!", because I honestly didn't hear any raining sounds.


So I pull up my blinds, push the curtains to the side, and LO AND BEHOLD.


It's raining. =.=


The world is conspiring against me, I tell you. I want to EXERCISE. First, I can't go swimming because of ...... (it's girl thing, yo). Then I can't run because it's RAINING. Gah.


On another note - can't wait for my final results, they're coming out on the 12th of December!!









It's good to be back home.

No comments: