Saturday 28 June 2008

Companionate Love.


Michele said something very amusing and *slightly* disturbing the other day. Ryan commented that Carmen and I, even though we've known each other for eight and a half years (half of Carmen's life, don't mess XD), don't go out together very often compared to two of our mutual friends (whom I will call friend X and friend Y) who only knew each other since coming here.

Okay, I'm going to give some background information now. Now you see, we learn this thing about passionate love and companionate love in Psychology. Passionate love is the whole thing where people are so-in-love and passionate about each other and .. you get the gist. Companionate love, however, is love that has endured the test of time, and you are comfortable and intimate with your partner (as in, like, sharing your deepest, darkest secrets, etc.) and you're receiving from the relationship what you're giving. Yes. So those are more or less the meanings of passionate and companionate love.

Now, after Ryan made that observation, Michele totally said:

"You know why? I think it's because right, Carmen and Caitlin have known each other for so long already, so they're experiencing the friendship version of companionate love".

*cue for Caitlin and Ryan to look at Michele weirdly*

Michele, "What? True what! They are like, comfortable and secure in their relationship with each other already, they don't feel the need to go out together because their relationship is already established! There, like friend X and friend Y, they only knew each other since coming here, so they feel the need to establish their relationship, so they're in the friendship version of passionate love, so they go out together a lot!"

Caitlin, "Okay, Michele, that's a BIIIIIIIIIIIT disturbing. You know. Just A BIT."

Ryan, "Exactly. Just a biiiiit disturbing."

Michele, "What?? Don't you feel? I feel it's like that lor!"



Yes. Disturbing conversation, no? Anyway, Carmen knows I love her, don't you, Carmen? And vice versa, of course. She loves me too! *grin*



Observe:

Carmen: Eh Caitlin, next time right, if you ever cook eggs for me again, use the round container, don't use the square one.

Caitlin: Er, okay. Why?

Carmen: Because the square one is bloody hard to wash.

Caitlin: Okay, I'll make sure I use the SQUARE one then! =)

Carmen: Oh haha thank you, very funny. 

Caitlin: Sure, no problem! *beam*





Carmen: Eh, try not to miss me too much okay!!

Caitlin: You so wish, Carmen.

Carmen: It's okay, Caitlin, it's okay.. You can admit it..

Caitlin: Yes, I'm going to miss you. *cough*splutter*snigger*snort*cough*








See how much we love each other? XD








ANYWAY. I'm going home. =) By this time tomorrow, I'll be in Tullamarine Airport. Hehe.












I keep telling myself that it makes no sense. But even if it doesn't, even if I'm deluding myself, I just can't stop loving you.


No comments: