Tuesday 1 July 2008

Back In Malaysia


Monday, 30th June 2008

I am very disgruntled at the moment. Disgruntled in a good way, but STILL. More on that later.

So anyway, I’m BACK IN MALAYSIA! =) The plane touched down at 6.42 a.m. It was past the estimated arrival time, but whatever. It’s good to be back. But you know what? Malaysian signage (signposts, whatever) still suck. XD

Oh, but the inflight entertainment system is awesome. Seriously. =) They’ve got like, a lot of recent movies and stuff. So yeahhh, as you can probably tell, I didn’t spend too much time sleeping. I watched 27 Dresses (omg Carmen I love the show) and That Other Boleyn Girl. I slept for probably like, 2 to 4 hours. But I was totally tossing and turning and fumbling with my blanket. I pity the poor dude who was sitting next to me. =P

Anyway, I got out of the plane and everything. Okay, so you know we have to take the aero train to go to immigration and baggage collection, right? And there are like, no seats on the aero train. I was standing next to a group of Australians, and one of them commented to his group, “This is what they should do to the trains in Australia, get rid of the bloody seats, let people just stand around like cattle”. I kind of just smiled to myself and didn’t say anything. It was funny though. Because it probably wouldn’t be such a practical idea to remove the seats from the Australian trains. Those are for like, long distance traveling, whereas the aero train….. Well. XP

It didn’t take very long to clear immigration (that‘s what I love about the Malaysian passport, just stick the passport in that machine thing and you‘re good to go) and get my baggage, so I was out by 7.05 a.m. You see, the plan was that the driver would pick me up and drive me to Pangkor Laut, since my whole family is there now. So I found the driver and gave him my bags and stuff. I was totally about to get in the car, and then he said (in mandarin, of course), “Mummy leh?”. And I was totally confused. My mum was supposed to be in Pangkor Laut. I must have looked it, so the driver said something along the lines “She‘s here, in the airport, she‘s looking for you, you better go inside and look for her”. So I duly walked (read: ran) back into the airport and I saw MY MUM. And I kind of surprised her instead of the other way round (she wanted to surprise me).

So on the journey to Pangkor Laut (yes, it was approximately a 4 hour drive after an 8 hour flight) I was kind of giving my mum the evil eye while saying in a *hurt* voice, "Yer, mummy, you BLUFF me..".

PANGKOR LAUT IS AMAZING. It's a really, really nice place for relaxing and romantic stuff. Unfortunately, the latter is... not an option, because, unfortunately, no one to be romantic with (omg that sounds so wrong, but WHATEVER, you get what I mean =P).

I'll post up some pictures... soon. =)












I made a wish today. I wonder if it'll come true. But we'll see. =)

No comments: