Sunday 4 May 2008

Yee Hooi

.
.
.
You know that rhetorical question, "What are friends for?"


It seems that Yee Hooi answers that question perfectly.


Before this, I never really thought that she was that type of person, you know? I mean, she was always a fun person to hang around and joke with and everything, I just never thought I could share my problems with her.


And you know what? I was wrong.


And I've never been happier to be wrong in my life.


Maybe it's because recently she's embraced a better life. Maybe it's because I never tried hard enough. The reason doesn't really matter, what matters is that our friendship means so much more now.


Yesterday, when I was feeling down, she talked to me for hours, trying to cheer me up. And I really appreciated it. It was so good to know that someone really cared, you know?

And today, she suddenly called me and asked me to come down to her room because she had a surprise for me. I was pretty suspicious, because I thought she was going to.. oh, I don't know, spray water on me or something like that. Seems like something she would do, isn't it?

But who knew.. When I knocked on her room door, I stood to the side, just in case she decided to spray water on me. She opened the door and shouted "Surprise!!"

And she gave me a packet of lotus mooncakes. The ones that I was looking for but couldn't find when I went to the city with Li Wern today. A small act of kindness, maybe, but I was really touched.

So thank you, dear, for everything. I really appreciate it.
,
,
,

No comments: