Tuesday 15 April 2008

agitated ...

.
.
I got very agitated today. Few reasons. First, I went out of the apartment wearing these closed-toes leather high heels right, you know the kind people wear for work? Yeah, my mum got those for me, so I decided I'd just try to walk in them. I thought it'd be okay, you know, so yeah. But after walking for like, 3 minutes .... CRAMPED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG, I tell you, the shoes were SO uncomfortable to walk in. And I had to walk ALL THE WAY to the Leeper Building. Which is actually not too bad, when you're wearing slippers or even normal high heels.

Anyway, that wasn't the worst of it. After Literature (the class I was heading to), I went to Wynne Cottage, because I had to pay 8 dollars for goodness knows what. So that was okay, but my next class was like, all the way down Swanston Street (well, not exactly all the way, but it's far from the Leeper Building okay!! I checked during E & D, in a straight line, it's 420 metres away, and obviously you can't walk in a straight line from class to class - unless you can walk through buildings or something, and the buildings aren't exactly small, plus, it gets confusing sometimes, all the buildings look so same-ish). But I digress. So I had like, 10 minutes to get to class. Which normally wouldn't be a problem, because normally I'd wear sneakers, and on the rare occasion, high heels, which I can definitely walk in.

Anyway, that's not the bad part. So I was like, half walking-half running to Environment and Development tutorial, and I got there at like, 10.57 a.m. (class starts at 11.00 a.m.) and they'd already started class. I wasn't the only one, Jonathan came in right before me. XD So anyway right, TEN minutes after the class starts, Rose says, "Alright, let's all go to the Leeper Library to do some research!" Which is like, where I came from. Well, the building next to the one I came from. So I was like, "whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat??". Yeah. And I tell you, Rose walks DAMN FAST. We lost like, half our tutorial group. Quite amusing, really. But they all knew where the library was, so that turned out okay.

Yeahhh, that was pretty much it for the morning. In the afternoon, I had Maths, and I totally fell asleep when Bell was talking about reciprocal functions or something like that.

After Maths, I had one of my very rare free periods, thank goodness. (I have two free periods a week-sob. Oh well. It's not like I'll make use of the time anyway, even if I have more free periods. And I am perfectly sane, thanks.) Yes, so I came back to the apartment and did a bit of cleaning, vacuuming and cleaning up the kitchen and bathroom area. Then Carmen came back, and we waited for Moon Yee, Michele and Ryan and then went to Princes Park to run.

Princes Park is like.. huge. One round is 3.2 kilometres. So I mean, we all want to keep fit right, so okay, run one round. So I started running, and I was keeping pace with Ryan. But then his shoelaces got untied so he stopped to tie them. Then I ran for quite a bit, maybe one kilometre? Or a bit less. Then I was wondering, how come I can't hear anyone running behind me? I'd have thought they'd have caught up by then. And it was pretty dark, so it was a teensy bit.. not scary, just.. well, a cause for concern. So I stopped and turned around, and I saw Ryan running towards me. So I asked him where the girls were, and he said he didn't know. Then he turned off to run to the half mark, meaning he runs half a round, instead of the whole round, because he said he had to go off. So I just stood there and waited and waited for Moon Yee, Michele and Carmen.

I waited for like, a good five minutes, or maybe it was less than that. But it seemed longer. Anyway, I waited for quite a while and I kept wondering what happened, because they didn't pass by me. So I ran backwards, back to where we started, because I reasoned that I might see them on the way, maybe they started walking instead of running or something. But when I got back to where we started, and found the tree we put our stuff under, they weren't there! Luckily Ryan was still there. So I asked him where the girls were, he said he didn't see them. So I kind of started panicking a little, because I didn't see them, and Ryan didn't see them. Then Ryan asked if any of them brought their phones, and I said Carmen did.

So we called Carmen, right, and she answered the phone and she sounded like she was totally dying and all. I mean, I could tell she was running, but yeah, I didn't know where she was. And she said the three of them ran the whole round, and she said they'd be reaching soon, and meet us at the tree. So I was like, confused, because I didn't see them, and Ryan didn't see them.. and we were kind of in front of them, so we said that they must have cut off at some earlier path or something. So then they came running up, and insisted that they went the full round. Well, Carmen and Moon Yee. Michele came a few minutes later. We talked a little, then Michele started talking about how she stopped to watch some random guy playing tennis, and then cut off from there. And then Carmen and Moon Yee were like, "hey,you weren't supposed to tell them that, we ran the whole round remember???". And the Michele said, "huh? Only I stopped to watch mar, then you all ran the whole round..". But by that time Ryan and I knew that they didn't actually run the whole round. =)

So then we were walking back to College Square, and we TOTALLY WALKED PAST where we were supposed to turn off. I mean, we walked like, all the way to College Square LYGON. Which is like, pretty far from our place. I mean, not bad right?? We were so busy talking that we continued walking in the wrong direction for almost 10 minutes. XD We only realised when Moon Yee pointed up and said, "Eh, there's another College Square ar, I didn't know." And me, being like, so totally blur, I said "Yeah, that's College Square Lygon". It took my brain a little while to say "What the hell are we doing at College Square Lygon??" and by that time, Michele had realised, so we all like, started laughing and turned back. Quite funny, actually. =)

Then we (FINALLY) got back to College Square (ours is College Square on Swanston, by the way), Moon Yee and I went to the gym to do sit ups. We did like, 60, and that was enough to almost kill us. XD Well, not really, but it WAS tiring. I normally do sit ups on a flat surface, not tilted, so yeah. ><

That was pretty much it for the day, my friends are SO amusing. =P I mean, the things we manage to do.. walking in the wrong direction without realising.. and TELLING PEOPLE THEY RAN THE WHOLE ROUND WHEN THEY ACTUALLY DIDN'T... all in all, a fun day. =)

I'll do Carmen's tag tomorrow or something.


G'night. ;)

No comments: