Monday 28 April 2008

Discovery

I have discovered that it is not very smart to cook ELEVEN eggs at a time. Apart from the fact that it will take me AGES to finish eating them.. It's WAY difficult to cook. Don't try this at home.




Heh. =P



I totally fell asleep during Chemistry today. Bah.


Anyway, we're being tested on monologues for term two (Drama). Here's the one I chose..


Shall I say how it is in your clothes? A month after your death I wear your blue jacket. The dog at the centre of my life recognises you've come to visit, he's estatic. In the left pocket, a hole. In the right, a parking ticket delivered up last August on Bay State Road. In my heart, a scatter like milkweed, a flinging from the pods of the soul. My skin presses your old outline. It's hot and dry inside.

I think of the last day of your life, old friend, how I would unwind it, paste it together in a different collage: Back from the death car idling in the garage; Back up the stairs, your praying hands unlaced, reassembling the bits of bread and tuna fish into a ceremony of sandwich; Running the home movie backward to a space we could be easy in, a kitchen place with vodka and ice, our words like living meat.

Dear friend, you have excited crowds with your example. They swell like wine bags, straining at your seams. I will be years gathering up our words, fishing out letters, snapshots, stains, leaning my ribs against this durable cloth to put on the dumb blue blazer of your death.



from Kumin, M.W. "How It Is"


We have to memorise it WORD FOR WORD and regurgitate it on the 2nd of June. It's supposed to be a "presentation of your character's emotional journey". It'll be a miracle if I manage to figure out how to do that.


By the way, from careful observation, deduction, and popular vote, *we* have concluded that .......................................









GUYS ARE JERKS.
(most of them, anyway)







No offense to the male population in general. *beam*






Also, thankiew very very much to my darling friends - Shereen, Terence, Michael, Mon Wei, Jia Ming, and Tee Jin. Because you guys replied my emo message. Heh. XD

No thanks to *narrows eyes* GOH CHENG CHUN and ANG WEI KHAI who didn't reply...... but never mind, I'm such a nice person, so I forgive both of you. *grin*


I miss you guys!!


XOXO. =)


p.s- signing off to do English for Academic Purposes homework task, History of Ideas essay (worth 20% of TOTAL marks), Chemistry homework, Maths homework, cook AND do laundry. *groan*

No comments: