Thursday 17 April 2008

comments

.
.
Comments given by my tutors for the first term of college.




CHEMISTRY

Comments: Caitlin needs to improve her understanding of the topics taught in Term one. I would be happy to help her in achieving better results through regular, individual consultations.

(I only got like, 2.9 marks out of 5. Sob. But that means I got 29 questions out of 40 correct. Which is.. not as bad as usual, considering it was all calculations. XD Well, I passed, at least. But I'll do better next time. I will !!)


DRAMA

Comments: Caitlin has progressed very well this term in Drama. She is prepared to have a go at whatever is put before her and offers much to the group with her observations. Caitlin should do well in this subject.

(9.25 out of 10 for the first term mime exam, even though it's not counted towards the final marks, I'm pretty happy with that.)


ENVIRONMENT AND DEVELOPMENT

Comments: Caitlin has started the academic year very well. Her first written assignment was very good, 9.6/10 and she shows interest and dedication. A great start!

(So cool right, 9.6 out of 10!! I never expected it, I'd have been happy to get an 8, because the word limit was like, 800 words, and I wrote about 2000, and on the day we had to hand it up I spent 3 hours cutting the words down. And this is like, 10% of the final marks, so it's all good!)


ENGLISH FOR ACADEMIC PURPOSES

Comments: Jia Qian Caitlin is an able and diligent student. She has responded well to the demands of EAP and this is reflected in the excellent mark she received for her assigned task.

(I got 10 out of 10 for this assignment, but I don't think it's a big deal, a lot of people got full marks too, and I think they were a bit lenient with the marking. But still. *grin*)


HISTORY OF IDEAS

Comments: It is a pleasure to have Caitlin in the class. She contributes well to discussions and always asks good questions.

(We didn't have any HOI exam for the first term, but classes are really fun. I love HOI.)


LITERATURE

Comments: Caitlin is an attentive and enthusiastic student. Her contributions to class discussions are insightful, and she helps to create a very pleasant class atmosphere.

(I got a 4 out of 5 for this. Not really happy with it, but it's only the first term marks, so I'll take it. This is like, 5% of our final marks. So hopefully I'll do much better for the next term. ><)


MATHEMATICS 1

Comments: Caitlin has achieved a satisfactory result in her practice test, but I feel that she is capable of doing better. Specifically, she should revise Section 1.5, the binomial theorem, polynomial long division and solving trigonometric inequalities. I would suggest that she actively seek help (either during class or outside of class in a one-to-one consultation) when she is experiencing difficulties. I also recommend that she attend the relevant extra support lectures for topics that she finds difficult. If she does these things, I am confident that she can do well in Mathematics 1.

(Hah, needs more practice is right! I totally lost like, more than 14 marks because of careless mistakes!! And all I did when I got back the paper was look at it and I went, OMG how could I have made such a stupid mistake?? Bah. But I did all the practice tests and exercises that they gave out!! Anyway, I only got 66%. ><>


PSYCHOLOGY

Comments: Excellent work Caitlin! You and your group were standouts in this assessment task and deserve the full marks that have been given. Keep up the great work!

(Really, really, really happy with this. How can you not be happy with full marks? Just want to thank my darling group members, Ryan, Michele and Lydia, WE DID IT !! *beam*)


Overall I'm pretty happy with the comments my tutors gave me, the world is right and everything is wonderfully beautiful.. haha. But yes, I will improve. I can do it. I know I can. =)

.
.
.
~I think different things every time I talk to you. There is only one thing similar about my thoughts... they're about you.~



No comments: