Friday 28 December 2007

Post # 100 !!!

.
.
.
28 December 2007





Today is a very special day.








Today, I am 17 years old.










At long last.










I've finally gotten here.









Despite all the bumps on the way.










But you know what helped me over the bumps ?









The people I love.








That's why I'm dedicating this post ... My 100th post, to all those people.










Mum - I haven't always obeyed everything you said, and I haven't been the best child ever, I know. I'm sorry for whatever hurt I've caused you, and I want you to know that I appreciate everything you've done for me, and every sacrifice you've made. I didn't always make things easy for you, but you stayed strong and continued doing what you thought best for me. And all I have to say now is : Thank you, with all my heart, for everything you've done.


Dad - I haven't always been the perfect daughter, and I haven't always chosen to do the right thing. Through it all you've guided me, even though sometimes I resented it, I've come to realise that you were right most of the time. You've thought me so many principles that I should always stick to, and I shudder at the thought of how ignorant I would have been had you not been there to teach me. I'm really proud of you, dad, because you've experienced so much in life ... yet you can still see through a teenager's eyes. Thank you for moulding me into the person I am now.


Gary - My dear brother. It's been so fulfilling, watching you grow up these past years. Who has your sarcasm, and your wit? And yet, beneath that exterior, there IS a sensitive being who actually has a heart. *grin* Anyway, life would be pretty boring without you, I'll give you that.


My beloved friends who decided to wake me up at midnight just to wish me happy birthday :-


Kwan Seng - (with Chi Yen singing Happy Birthday in the background) who was wondering why I sounded so sleepy. Go figure.


Ian Beh - who had to be reminded by his girl, but I'll just overlook that fact. =)


Kai Xun - can't believe you remembered. Thanks !


Kimberly - who was aiming to be the first to wish me, but ended up being the fourth. Much appreciated, Kim. =)


Li Ying - who took up 5 spaces in my tagbox to get the time JUST RIGHT, at 00.00. Furbz, you rule !


Shereen - who still insists that she's 1 centimeter taller because she's one day older. Alright, Shereen .. I'll let you be 1 centimeter taller for today. =)


Chen Han - who had a fever but still stayed up to wish me a Happy Birthday. Chen Han, you rock-lah . =)


Wei Khai - who counted down the minutes to my birthday and made me drop my phone on my head. Kidding, kidding. Hee=) Thank youuuuuuu !!


Adrian - who actually has a serious side to him, surprise, surprise. =P


Kay Chong - who admitted that he only knew because of Friendster, but still. Thanks !!!


Wyn Yau - who actually knew when my birthday was ! I didn't realise he knew, but thanks all the same. =)


Jeen Pei - who had to remind Ian ... thanks a lot, dearie, I really appreciate it.


Jit Jiang - who sent me flying kisses. =P


Jeffrey - who said "May you receive tonnes of presents."


Jeremy - who told me that miracles can happen (although I don't think it applies to growing taller *sigh*)


Jasmin - my dear cousin, who was still up manning the fire at 1.16 a.m. and STILL remembered to wish me a Happy Birthday. =)


Bryan Voo - who hopes that I'll get my drivers license without crashing into other cars. XD


Yee Hooi - who called me at 2.00 a.m. to tell me that she would have driven to my house if not for the alarm system at her place. *grin*


Michael - who actually remembered my birthday !! I feel so honoured. =)


Jvn Yi - who was still up at 3.32 a.m., even though he has to go for National Service tomorrow. X.x Take careeeee !!!



You guys rock ! =)



Shi Yi - who sent me two heart-warming birthday messages.


Carmen - who was being completely honest, quote : "Oh yea I almost forgot XD" It's okay, woman, I forgive you. =)


Hou Chuen - who remembered my birthday even though he was having fun playing basketball. XP


Jo Yee - who said, "May you look pretty always". I'll take that as a compliment ! =)


Ruth - who borrowed someone's phone to call me just to wish me happy birthday (she's at bible camp) !! I love you Ruth !!!!!!!


Terence - who remembered after I reminded him that he forgot something. XD But apparently his choosing my birthday card makes up for it. Thank you very, very much Terence ! =)


Eu Chern - you remembered ! Thank you !


Casandra - ............ thanks. The message from you was a pleasant surprise. =D


Tee Jin - who managed to remember my birthday ! Okay, okay, important people like you who have to deal with a lot of things have to be forgiven ... Still, I'm honoured. Thanks !! =)


Mon Wei - who thought my birthday was on the 27th .. but oh well, it's the thought that counts !


Cheng Chun - who has finally found my blog. =)


Li May - she remembers me !!!!! *swoon*


Yi Ping - who has so many friends that I'm surprised she remembered me. *grin*


Joanna - who sent me a picture message ! =)


Jennie - thanks for remembering me !!!!


Sophia - thanks girl !! =)






Jia Ming !!! You forgot !!!!! But it's okay, I forgive you. Reason ? Read below. =)






As mentioned in a previous post, my darling friends surprised me with a birthday cake 4 days ago during the Christmas Eve party at my house. AND .... I'm sooooooo sorry, I totally FORGOT about the cake, because everyone was busy eating chocolate fondue and brownies with ice cream. So, well. The result ?







3 days later, even the candles are still intact !! Heheh. XD



But still. It looks so pretty !!!!!!!! Doesn't it ? Pretty, pretty Baskin Robbins cake. Oh, the advantages of having Jia Ming as your friend. Hehe. Kidding, kidding. =P



Anyone who wants to come by my house to help finish the cake is VERY welcome. =)





I still think the cake's really pretty.





Oh, just one more shot. =)









Anyway, to everyone who wished me, thank you all so, so, so much. I feel so loved !! I mean, seriously. This is like, the first time I've received so many birthday wishes. *happy smile*




To those who forgot, it's okay, really. A birthday is more or less like any other day... I value your friendship even if you don't know when my birthday is, or honestly forgot. So no worries. =)





Also ... my best wishes to my maternal grandmother, whose funeral was today. She passed away at 11.55 p.m. on December 23rd, the eve of Christmas Eve. May her soul rest peacefully.





To all those leaving for National Service tomorrow ... Good Luck, and Take Care !! Looking forward to seeing you guys buff and all after 3 months. =)

No comments: