Friday 30 November 2007

bored .....

.


.


I had my first cooking lesson yesterday. I didn't burn down the kitchen. The food was edible. Cool, right?? =P But I think I'll starve when I get to Australia. I still can't tell the difference between garlic and ginger. Ok, that's a slight exaggeration. I can, but I mix them up sometimes. Which is, you know, not something I should be doing if I have to survive on my own cooking (and Carmen's and Yee Hooi's - but I don't think I can count too much on that - kidding, kidding !!). XP




But I digress.




So now I know how to cook rice, chicken, fish, vegetables and soup. But that's only the cooking part. With the exception of rice, I don't really know how the preparations for those dishes go. Like, chopping the chicken and stuff. I did slice the fish yesterday, and it's REALLY gross. I mean .... gaaaaaaaaah. It's something I really have to learn to get used to, I guess. I don't mean that it's disgusting to handle or anything, I don't mind that so much. It's just that, well, I don't like seeing it dead while it's still raw. Cooked is okay. But raw .... ugh, gives me the chills. >.<




So anyway, I really really have to learn up about the spices and everything that I apparently eat everyday without realising. I never knew there was so much salt, garlic and ginger in the food until yesterday. Talk about a sudden realisation. Then the next step will be to actually go to the market and learn how to buy the stuff. Sigh .. that is going to take a looooooooong time.




Oh well, at least I have something to occupy myself with. Somehow, watching TV, reading story books and day dreaming don't seem as appealing as they did before SPM. Yeesh.




Speaking of which, I did have something to do with my time today. Jvn Yi asked me whether I wanted to go to Sunway Pyramid because they were celebrating Jennie's birthday (belated). So, well, why not, because I'd be in pyramid in the morning anyway (skating), so I said I'd go. So we had lunch at Genki Sushi then watched Enchanted. And I had to carry my skates around all over the place like a ding dong. >.<





Me. Jvn Yi. Yinn Jye. Louis Nga. Theng Fei.





Chen Joyce. Me. Jennie. Pei Ye. Kimberley.




Yinn Jye. Louis Nga. Jvn Yi. Hou Chuen. Theng Fei.



No idea why the wanted to take a picture with me. I told them I'd take a picture FOR them.





And now I'm trying to figure out how to work the online Student Visa Application thing. Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp !!!!!

.

.

No comments: