Friday 3 April 2009

Living on the Edge.

.






Do you want to know what living on the edge is like?










Try handing in an assignment that's due at 5 pm ...









At 4.56 pm.




Oh, and don't finish writing it until about 4.53 pm.



Yep, that's exactly what I did.


Oh, this is online submission, by the way.


After spending so many days supposedly on my Knowing Nature CACL essay that's worth 20% of my marks.. at least 2 full days in the library, 2 full days in the apartment, and random hours here and there..


ARGH.


For an essay that's only 800 words, it was ridiculously irritatingly difficult to write. And we had so much time to do it. And I chose to finish it today, when it's due. I tried writing it before today, I swear I did!! Went to the library twice for like between 6 and 8 hours just sitting down trying to write the thing. And aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ZOMG. I couldn't come up with ANYTHING until today.


NOT LIKE I HAD A CHOICE.


But seriously, it was so SCARY. I didn't even freak out! Like, I had something like 3 hours left, and still about 500 words to go, and I was still totally calm. Seriously. I was calm until about.. oh, 10 minutes before the time it was due. I was almost hyperventilating while I was making the final check, saving everything and all that.


SCARY, I tell you.


My heart was still beating really fast ONE HOUR after I submitted the essay.



NEVER AGAIN.



Seriously. Somebody remind me NEVER. TO. DO. THAT. AGAIN.



*faints*












You've only got one shot at this life.. so make it count.

2 comments:

HalfGlass said...

Dear Miss Complicated Simplicity,

It's my first time reading your blog....my hats off for being refreshingly different from those of your age group :)

Back to the topic - perhaps it's your first taste of adrenalin rush for something that important. Careful - unchecked, you might end up being a junkie to this insatiable rush without realising so. Definitely not worth it for something that is predictably simple with zero-risk factor (unless you introduce the risk itself lah...). Nonetheless, definitely an experience to remember.

You can breathe slowly now.

caitlin kang jia qian said...

Erm, hi.

Haha. Thanks, I think. I wasn't really aware that it was too different.. I just settle for a balance of what I want people to know and what I think they want to know. Does that make sense? =P

And thanks for the warning. Although I tend to talk more about certain things sometimes, things that people may be able to relate to or laugh at, etc. And I won't be an unchecked junkie - I value my life too highly to destroy it. =)