Sunday 1 March 2009

Hooked.

... because I'm still on the line.



"No, Jake, this is NOT okay. You act like you don't even care! It's freaking Valentine's day, some other guy gives me a beautiful bouquet of roses, and all you can say is, and I quote - 'that's nice of him, he likes you a lot'??"

"Sweethe.. Rachel, you're a great girl. That's why I think - no, I know that I'm not good enough for you. Victor is a nice guy, and he really likes you. He's been chasing after you forever. Pretty ironic, don't you think.. he won it all in the end".

"WHAT did you say? That last sentence?"

"Nothing, hone.. I said nothing. Just that Victor will be good for you. I'm not good enough for you, but he is. G-goodbye Rachel."

"D'you think saying that will make it okay, h-huh? For once in your li-life, wh-wh-why can't you f-fight for something that you l-l-love?? Why can't y-y-you.."

Words failed Rachel. The man that she loved, the man she cared the most about, had just turned his back on her and made his way out her front door. She laid her head on the table and continued sobbing.

Jake gripped the door handle tightly, softly closing the door. His last glimpse of Rachel - her beautiful face, her eyes red and teary, her hair, her clothes, messed up - and yet, she had never looked more beautiful to him in his life. All he wanted to do was to hold her tight, to kiss her and to tell her that he loved her. It pained him so much to see her hurt. But he knew he was doing the right thing. Leaving her was the right thing to do. She could move on with her life, he wouldn't hold her back anymore. He was sure he couldn't give her what she wanted. He just wasn't good enough.

With an enormous effort, Jake loosened his whitened knuckles from the door handle and turned away from Rachel, from their love for each other, and from the most wonderful two years of his life.



-to be continued..-
Caitlin K.



I meant to write a full story, but I got to that part and didn't feel like continuing now. If inspiration ever strikes again - I'll finish it then.


P.s - I didn't realise the irony of the title until now. Interesting. I'm thinking about fishes. What about you?









Are we no longer what we used to be?
For once in your life, why can't you fight for something that you love?

No comments: