Friday 21 November 2008

Suffocating.

... because there's too much empty space, but not enough air.




History of Ideas exam is over.





At 6.30 a.m. this morning:




That's my desktop, by the way.



Right. I am not happy.


Not happy at all.



I didn't finish my essay. =(



You see, there are two sections, Section A, and Section B. Section A is an essay of approximately 700-1000 words. Section B is two short answers, approximately 400-500 words each.


So I left 6 pages blank for my Section A, and started with my Section B, because I knew I'd spend too much time on Section A. So that was 1 hour 30 minutes for Section A, and 1 hour 30 minutes for Section B. And since there are two short answers of a similar length for Section B, obviously - 45 minutes each.

The first short answer was fine (about the Classical Greece Period). I wrote three pages on that, probably a bit more than 500 words, maybe almost 600. My second short answer question was about the Medieval Period. I got to around one and a half pages, then I got stuck. Couldn't think of anything else to write, so I proceeded to my Section A essay. I didn't expect to be able to write so much, but I got up to six pages. Well, five and a half, technically. So that was maybe a bit more than a 1000 words. And I kind of had like about 10 minutes left for the rest of my second short answer. So I only managed to fill up *almost* to the end of the page, and then they collected the papers. I had one more point about feudalism to write!! Only like, another 2 or 3 sentences... =( I guess that one would have been a bit under 400 words. *sigh*


Anyway. I noticed that my writing skills have improved considerably since the beginning of this year. I mean, like, literally, my writing. Not my thoughts, like what I put down on the paper (although I wouldn't mind if I improved on that too XP). My actual writing. At the beginning of the year, my hand was ALWAYS aching when we had to write like, oh, I don't know, 700 word essays? Yeah. Only about 700-800 words in 3 hours. Which makes me feel damn proud of myself la, now I can write like, 2000+ words in 3 hours, and my hand doesn't hurt as much as it used to. Hahahahaha.


But then I'm hoping that this isn't a case of quantity over quality. If it is, then ....... die. =(


Although, there is some good news.



THE HARDEST WEEK OF THE EXAMS IS OVER!


Seriously.

700 words EAP essay on Tuesday.
Mathematics on Wednesday.
1500 words Literature essay on Thursday.
1800 words for HOI on Friday.




So many essays, all in one week! And we needed to PREPARE for Literature and HOI. It wasn't open book. We needed to have our points and stuff ready.


That took some MAJOR memorising, man.

O.o



Now I've got something like 5 days to study Psychology. =)=)


Then after Psychology, a day to study E & D.



Then the weekend to study Chemistry.



How fun.







You've given me the courage to be all that I can, and I truly feel your heart will lead you back to me when you're ready. -Butterfly, by MariahCarey-

No comments: