Friday 18 July 2008

Exam Results


For the first time in my life, I can say I'm DAMN PROUD of my EXAM RESULTS. Like, seriously. I'm happy. =)

Marks and comments from teachers - in order of the subjects I got back first. (The marks are in percentages.. that go toward the final mark. Those are the actual percentages)


Drama
Comments: Caitlin is an exceptional Drama student. She is prepared to go outside her comfort zone to fully explore her creative side. She works very well with others and should be a valuable asset to whatever group she works with next term. Fabulous work - keep it up! 
9/10%
I wish I got full marks for this, but hey, I'm not complaining. =)

English for Academic Purposes
Comments: Caitlin is a lively student whose excellent progress is reflected in her fine presentation and exam results. 
27.05/30%
No complaints here either. ;)

Literature
Comments: Caitlin is an intelligent, hard-working and ambitious student. Her enthusiasm in class is evident, and appreciated by all. Her contributions to class discussions are insightful, and her essay was well planned, well written and interesting. She should continue to make good progress. 
27.25/30%
Ditto above.

Environment & Development
Comments: Caitlin has had an excellent semester. Her results are all strong and she is progressing well. She was also actively involved in the campaign against child slavery with a team of students and showed wonderful dedication and enthusiasm for the cause. She is a great student of Environment and Development - a true global citizen! 
46.45/50%
At first I was not that happy, but you know what? It's actually not too shabby. *grin*

History of Ideas
Comments: Caitlin is a very bright student and applies herself well in her studies. She always
makes a valuable contribution to class discussions and her first essay was excellent. 
19/20%
SUPER happy with this one. My blood, sweat and tears okay? 6 weeks of work on the essay.. fuish. Seriously damn happy with this. Highest in all my tutor's classes wei, don't mess. =) Of course, a few other people got the same marks, BUT STILL.

Mathematics 1
Comments: Caitlin has made an effort to seek additional help from me this term. I am aware that she has many demands on her time since she takes four electives and is also on the student
committee. I commend her for her perseverance and dedication to learning, and I am pleased to
report that Caitlin's mark has improved from last term's result. If she keeps up with this I am confident she can continue to improve, and do well in Mathematics 1. 
11.4/15%
Improved from last term, but hey, I can do better than this. I'll be back next time with higher marks. ;)

Chemistry
Comments: Caitlin is a friendly and quiet student. Her aptitude for practical work has led to good results in the laboratory. Her exam results reflect that she has some gaps in her understanding of chemical concepts. I would be pleased if she would accept additional help in extra tutorials during semester two. 
28.5 / 45%
Heh. I kind of just passed. But heck, it's my fault, I didn't really study. On the account of it being my extra subject and all. And I'm taking it for fun. Out of interest. So no pressure. But that's still no excuse. But whatever. At least I didn't fail. XD It sort of keeps me down-to-earth, you know? Because I put in a lot of effort for the other subjects, and I kind of didn't for Chemistry. So now I know that the results I get are proportional to the amount of effort I put in. =)

Psychology
Comments: Great work Caitlin! You scored 71/75 for the Multiple-Choice Question section, 12.5/13 for Short-Answer Question 1, and 11/12 for Short-Answer Question 2; obtaining 94.5% overall for your Semester One exam. Keep up the great work! 
43.08/45%
Okaaaay, was *kinda sorta* expecting better results, but you know what? That's good enough. =)=)




Seriously? I'm happy. For the first time ever, I understand what my mum and dad have been trying to tell me all these years - all I had to do was to put in a little bit of effort. I hope I've made you proud, mum, dad... And I'll continue doing so. *wink*












No pain, no gain. Simple as that. =)

No comments: