Wednesday 11 June 2008

Literature essay.

I can't think of anything to write for my literature essay. Maybe it would help if I tried harder, but somehow I just can't seem to focus on it. It's like ... my brain just doesn't want to write the essay. Gahhhh.. I need to get it finished by this Friday afternoon. For a few reasons. One is so that my Literature tutor can go over it and I can correct it if I have to. Another is so that I can get started (studying) for other subjects. Like Maths. And Psychology. And Chemistry.

This is the question I'm doing for the Literature essay. "The ability to imagine that we are someone other than who we are is the core of our humanity, and the beginning of our morality" (Ian McEwan). Discuss in relation to Fahrenheit 451.

Anyone care to help? =)


At the rate I'm going, I'm never going to get the essay done. *sigh*

At least I'm done with my Environment and Development essay. 1021 words.. But it was more fun to write than this Literature essay will be. I miss creative writing. You know, writing stories and all that. Academic writing is no fun. =( Even the E & D essay had to be based on real facts. It's like doing Bahasa Malaysia karangan in English. *double sigh* At least it's in English, not Malay.

I can't wait for the exams to be over.. I just want a good night's sleep.















Can't stand up for falling down.

1 comment:

JOanna said...

"The ability to imagine that we are someone other than who we are is the core of our humanity, and the beginning of our morality" (Ian McEwan).

can you go against the notion? anyway, by the time you see this i guess you maust already be done with your essay... anyhoo....

(altho i hav NO idea wat the book is about)

humanity is in this context being the same as other people and thinking and behaving in the same way-the state of being human.

so you should relate it as how we act because we wanna portray what we think is a better version of ourselves.being humane is also sympathising with others.

morality is the principles of right and wrong.

hence, you should say that we are morale due to our ability to empathise with other ppl (put ourselves in their shoes) and thus we are able to consider their feelings based on what we (would) feel.


remember to relate all of your points to the characters and events while providing solid textual evidence. urm, :)