Friday 9 May 2008

Potong Steam Queen

I'm too lazy to post up pictures.


Warning: This post contains hazardous (potong steam) elements. Those with weak hearts, please do not read any further.





Yee Hooi is a very POTONG STEAM person.



As most of you are probably aware, her birthday was on Wednesday (7/5/2008). We surprised tried to surprise her three times. Only the last time worked.





Attempt #1

Carmen, Yun Shen, Michele and I decided to go to Yee Hooi's room at around midnight to surprise her. We duly went to her room. We were pretty excited, speaking in hushed whispers and all that. I covered the peephole with my hand, and the others started banging on the door.

And lo behold !!

NO ANSWER. =.=

We stood there banging for a couple of minutes, with cameras ready and everything. Then Michele said, "Maybe she's scared to open the door la, because you know if people bang on your door at like, so late at night you sure scared one right?" So I removed my hand from the peephole, and we knocked a few times and ran to the end of the corridor.

And we waited.

And waited.

And waited.

And waited.


"Eh, she's not coming out la."

"Where can like that one?? I heard feet shuffling just now!!"

"What if she's not in???"

"I'm sure I heard somebody moving inside!!"

"OMG this is so potong la!!"

*groan* "Potong, potong, potong, POTONG !!!"

"If she's not inside I'm going to murder her.."


You get the gist. After knocking for a few more minutes, we decided to call her. Shen dialed her number and waited for her to pick up.

"Hi Yee Hooi !!! Happy Birthday!! Where are you now??"

Shen's face changes. Like, seriously, change. And not in a very favourable way. In the you-messed-with-me-I'm-going-to-kill-you kind of way.

"COLLEGE SQUARE LYGON??? WHAT ARE YOU DOING THERE???"

Note: We stay in College Square on Swanston. The other college square is at least ten minutes walk away from the one on Swanston.

"Okay-lah, Michele and I come and join you."

Shen puts down the phone and looks at us jakuns nice, super kind friends who were supposed to surprise Yee Hooi and tells us, "You know where she is now?? She's at College Square Lygon with Alastair watching meteors!!!"

"Are you serious????"

"Nonsense!!!"

"Why the hell is she at College Square Lygon??"

"So potong la she!!"

"OMG I'm going to killlllllll her!!!"

Basically, she was at College Square on Lygon. I think Alastair, Beebee, Jun Jing, Eric, Lin and Vincent surprised her or something. They met there because there was supposed to be a meteor shower in the wee hours of the morning and they wanted to go watch it.

Michele, Yun Shen and I walked to College Square on Lygon. It was late. And pretty scary. Anyway, we got there, and the first thing I did when I found out where Yee Hooi was (she was in the lounge), I ran there screaming, "Yee Hooi I'm going to murder you!!" and wrung her neck. Very, very satisfying. You'd find it satisfying too, if you stood outside her door and BANGED ON IT waiting to surprise her for MORE THAN TEN MINUTES. Hee. =)

Anyway, after she apologized a few thousand times, we showed all of them the videos of us banging on her door. They found it very amusing. I beg to differ. Anyway, that night (morning, rather) we went to watch the meteor shower, and guess what?? NO METEORS APPEARED. According to Yee Hooi, it's her fault, because she's "so hot that all the water evaporate and become clouds". *rolls on floor laughing*

Okay that's enough for this one, I think, it's long enough. THANKS TO YEE HOOI. =P




Attempt #2

Yee Hooi's sister planned a surprise for her. To do that, she needed Li Wern's help. Li Wern is Yee Hooi's roommate. Li Wern came up to my place to put the stuff she bought for the surprise WE planned for Yee Hooi. Carmen and I went down with Li Wern to surprise Yee Hooi. Li Wern opened the door and called out "Hello!". No answer. The bedroom door was closed.

Note: All conversation was held in whispers.

"Oh, she's praying."

"Why she so potong one??"

"She should be done soon la.."

And so we waited.

And waited.

And waited.

And waited.

AND WAITED.


We lit the candle on the cake three times. We blew it out three times.

We were surprised the cake didn't melt.

Carmen started cam-whoring and looking at Yee Hooi's baby biscuits and stash of Lindt chocolate.

And we waited.

FINALLY, we heard her stand up. We quickly lit the candle and Li Wern got Yee Hooi's sister on the phone, because, obviously, the surprise (the cake) was from Yee Hooi's sister. So when Yee Hooi slid the door open, we said "Surprise!!", and Li Wern handed Yee Hooi the phone.

"Eh, hi!!"

"Eh, you call me back later okay, call me back later!"

"OI THE CAKE IS FROM YOUR SISTER LA!!"

"Oh okay okay, you talk now, talk now!!"


Potong or not, you tell me? Yee Hooi, Yee Hooi. XP

When she got off the phone..

"Omg, thank you, all of you.. did you all wait very long?"

*Li Wern, Caitlin and Carmen stare at Yee Hooi disbelievingly*

"Sorry la!! I didn't here you all come in!"

"How could you not have heard us come in?! Li Wern said 'Hello' so loudly!!"

"I was listening to worship song on the iPod and praying!"

*Li Wern, Caitlin and Carmen sigh very audibly*


Once again, potong or not?



Attempt #3; Success #1

We planned a potluck dinner for Yee Hooi. Ryan, Moon Yee, Shereen, Alastair, Carmen, Jun Jing, MICHELE, Yun Shen, Stephanie, Ethel, Dev and a few of Yee Hooi's church friends gathered at the College Square Swanston courtyard with food and everything. When everyone was ready, I went to Yee Hooi's room to bring her down. She thought we were going to the library, because she needed to return books, and I told her I wanted to go do research (for the History of Ideas essay).

Li Wern and I brought Yee Hooi down. We were supposed to blindfold her in the lift, but Yee Hooi was erm.. hehe. Not co-operating. Anyway, we managed to blindfold her a bit after we got out of the lift. And you know what she did? She started screaming. Yee Hooi's scream is a terrible thing to behold. Later, we found out that all the people in the courtyard could hear Yee Hooi screaming from the lounge.

So yes, she was surprised. Like, FINALLY. She kept saying, "Omg, thank you, thank you, I love you all so much!!"

And the only thing I could say in reply to that?


"You had BETTER love us."



Please note that these three attempts all happened within 24 hours. I tell you, Yee Hooi is the "potong steam" queen.


But we all still love her. *sniff* She had better appreciate it. *grin*




P.s- The reason I didn't write this post sooner was because I looked at the computer screen, and I thought of all the "potong" things Yee Hooi did, and I just closed the screen. *exasperated sigh*



Well, anyway dear, I really hope you enjoyed yourself. =)

No comments: