Monday 16 March 2009

Music and its Relevance to Infants.

.
.
OMG.



*lightbulb moment*



Has anyone realised (or am I just extremely slow) that the tunes for the "ABC song", "Twinkle twinkle little star" and "Baa Baa Black Sheep" are the same? Or that "Barney the Dinosaur" and "This Old Man" share the same tune? Think about it, seriously.



"ABC song"
A B C D E F G
H I J K L M N O P
Q R S T U V
W X Y and Z
Now I know my A B Cs
Next time won't you sing with me.

"Twinkle Twinkle Little Star"
Twinkle twinkle little star
How I wonder what you are
Up above the world so high
Like a diamond in the sky
Twinkle twinkle little star
How I wonder what you are.

"Baa baa Black Sheep"
Baa baa Black Sheep have you any wool
Yes sir, yes sir, three bags full
One for my master and one for my dame
One for the little boy who lives down the lane.



RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT??


Please don't let me be the only one that finds this revelation fascinating.. haha.


"Barney the Dinosaur"
I love you
You love me
We are a happy family
With a great big hug and a kiss from me to you
Won't you say you love me too.


"This Old Man"
This old man, he played one
He played knick-knack on my thumb
With a knick-knack paddywhack, give a dog a bone
This old man came rolling home.



Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee?



Same tune!!



How could I never have noticed before?



And all this while I thought they were completely different songs!



My childhood years were a LIE !!! =/


*gasp*



Haha. Okay maybe not. But STILL, I can't believe I never realised till now.



I find it so fascinating! Don't you think it's fascinating? I think it's fascinating. Heeeeee. =)


Yeahhhh, it suddenly hit me when it said so in my Music Psychology reading that I was doing yesterday. And I was all like, "Huh, that can't be right, they sound different!". And just to prove it, I played it in my mind. It took me all of 5 seconds to figure out that it WAS indeed, the same tune.


o.O


I feel cheated. Haha. How could I not have known it was the same!!


Well, here's to learning new information everyday!


*laughs*










Well, lookie at what we have here.

2 comments:

The Public Transit Girl said...

And I bumped into this post!!!

I first asked this question during... my first music lesson?

"Why 'ABCD' sounds similar to 'Baa Baa Black Sheep'?"

But why?

Making the infants hear familiar tunes? =P

I'm starting to <3 Music Psychology. Hahaha...

caitlin kang jia qian said...

Haha, you know what, come to think of it, I never learnt to play the ABC song or Baa baa black sheep. When I was young, I mean. And then after that I never bothered/thought of playing it. Actually I just never thought about it, full stop. Haha. Omgggggggggggg I sound so dumb! XD