Friday 5 September 2008

Talent Quest 2008 !!

It.

Was.


AMAZING.



I feel so, so, so relieved.

We raised over $1000 for the Oaktree Foundation.
(to go towards the GOLD -generations of leaders discovered- program in the KwaZulu-Natal province in South Africa)


There were so many people in the lecture theatre, people sitting on the floor and everything.. I know the lecture theatre was extremely small, but in my defense, there was no other venue! I'm really, really sorry for all the people who had to stand/sit on the staircase and stuff. ><

Apart from that, everything worked out really, really well.

Sure, there were a few technical problems, what with not being able to use the computer system to play music.. but I think, I HOPE all the problems were solved *pretty* well.

Omigosh, there are so many people I have to thank for making everything go right today..

There were the teachers, Rose, Jane, Felipe, and Kelly from Student Services and Mark Gordon from Catering/Hospitality who helped out SO MUCH.

Then there were the amazing people who had been coming for Oaktree meetings with me and helping me to organise things- Zafirah, Tania, Rieko and Galih.

And there were the July Fast Track Environment & Development students who are doing this for their 10% assignment - Marsya, Adrian, Joy, Jessica, Valent, Novia, Ye-seol, Mikael and Pim - who put so much effort into counting the votes, making all cards, posters and everything.

And there were my wonderful friends - Michele, for co-hosting with me and making my job so much easier, Carmen, who helped with selling the stuff, and coming early and everything, and everyone who offered to help out. Thank you so much!


AND OF COURSE, the PERFORMERS!!

Jun Yeu, Aiman, Aga, Jojo, Tim Joe, Janaka, Clare, Ivan Lodra, Ulrich, Nikolai, Grace, Ken Wynn, Xavier, Adelia, Adrian, Mikael, Jong Won, Jaesuk, Yeon, Mohammad Ali, Pouya, Amanda, Jia Yang, Hua Yu, Rizky, Rieko, Shi Mei, Joleen, Bee Bee, Taty, Livia, Azzah, Resa, and Cheryl.

They were all amazing, and did a wonderful job!

And congratz to the winners, Adelia, Adrian and Mikael!! =)

2nd place - Shi Mei, Joleen, Bee Bee, Taty, Livia, Azzah, Resa and Cheryl.

3rd place - Jong Won, Jaesuk, Yeon.


=)


I'm just happy that everything went alright. I don't have any pictures to put up.. but I have the memories. *wink*

IT WAS AN AMAZING NIGHT, THANKS EVERYBODY FOR MAKING IT HAPPEN !!


I LOVE YOU ALL !!!


=)=)










Sometimes things DO go right.

No comments: