Saturday 13 September 2008

Existentialism.

... because we are free to make our own choices.




Have you ever wondered why humans are such demanding creatures?

Have you ever wondered why we take so much, but find it so hard to give back?

Have you ever wondered why we don't appreciate things as we should?

Have you ever wondered why we take so many things for granted?

Have you ever wondered why we are so particular with our own things, but are careless with others'?

Have you ever wondered why we see the faults in others before we see them in ourselves?

Have you ever wondered why when we say something wrong, others forgive and forget, but when others say something wrong, we remember and b*tch?

Have you ever wondered why we are more lenient with our own standards, but strict with others' standards?

Have you ever wondered why when we have faults, they are forgivable, but when others have faults, we condemn?

Have you ever wondered why we are so self-important that we forget the people who have touched our lives?

Have you ever wondered why we are so in tune with our own sufferings, but blind and deaf to others'?

Have you ever wondered why we feel that we are so swamped with everything going on at once, but no one else seems to have more things to do than us?

Have you ever wondered why we find it so easy to play, but so hard to work?

Have you ever wondered why we find it so trivial to do something mean, and so complicated to do something nice?


Have you ever wondered?



Have you?




HAVE YOU??



I admit - I am superficial.

I admit - Sometimes I demand too much. Sometimes I keep on taking, but never give back. Sometimes I don't appreciate what I have. Sometimes I take things for granted. Sometimes I make sure I get my own things done, and others' can wait. Sometimes I am so busy looking for others' faults that I forget to see my own. Sometimes I remember the things people say, and I keep b*tching till I forget to see that they say it for a reason. Sometimes I let myself slack, but I still set a rigid standard for everyone else. Sometimes I find an excuse for the things I do, but when others' do it, it is inexcusable. Sometimes I think that I've gotten to where I am now because of the choices I made, and I forget that so many people made a significant difference in my life along the way. Sometimes I think that no one else understands, and that no one else can be feeling what I'm feeling, because they just haven't gone through enough. Sometimes I think that I have the most work to do, and no one else seems to be doing as much as me. Sometimes I decide to play instead of work, just because it's easier to play. Sometimes I say bad things automatically, but when it comes down do doing something nice, it's just not worth the trouble.


No, I've never really wondered before.



BUT I'M WONDERING NOW.



I need to be a better person.











Don't you think it's about time for you to GROW UP?

No comments: