Saturday 26 July 2008

The Wooden Nutmeg.

... sometimes things aren't what they appear to be.


Isn't the picture pretty? I took it myself, in Pangkor Laut, while we were on a sailboat. And added the words in, of course. So emo right? =)=)


Oh, and "March" is a pretty good book. It's the book we're studying in Literature this term. You know the book "Little Women" by Louisa May Alcott? I read it quite a few years back, and I LOVE THAT BOOK. It's a classic, about how four young girls learn to be gentle and graceful in the face of poverty, and when they're faced with trials and sufferings.. that sort of thing. So the story of "March", written by Geraldine Brooks, tells the story of the absent father in "Little Women". Incidentally, the father in "Little Women" has gone to serve in the war as a chaplain, and he appears to be a very loving, kind, family man who misses his wife and children very, very much. HOWEVER, in "March", he has a secret past his wife doesn't know about, and which he has hidden from her for almost 20 years.

So. Yes. I don't like the book. "March", I mean. It totally destroyed my impression of the father in "Little Women". You would understand too, if you read both the books. And remember that "Little Women" was written first.


Gah.


I'm talking nonsense.


Not like you care.


I need to start doing my essays.


I've been saying that for the past 2 weeks.


OMGOMGOMG.












Dare to dream .... BIG.

No comments: