Sunday 5 August 2007

In my opinion ...


Most people think that Jess Teh Hooi Wen (picture on the right) is stupid and is commiting a sin for defending her boyfriend Ong Chee Leong (picture on the left).
BUT IS SHE ??
People, think about it. She's already lost her daughter, Shearwey Ooi Ying Ying. She's already suffered the death of a loved one. Do you think she would want her boyfriend to be hanged or put in jail? I'm not saying that what she did (make a false report) is right. I'm not saying that her boyfriend shouldn't be charged for killing his daughter. All I'm saying is, all those people who stood outside the courtroom where they were being sentenced.. Who are you to call Jess Teh a dog, or accuse her of commiting a sin for defending her boyfriend? Have you been in her position? I'm sure she knew as well as all of us who commited the murder of her daughter. But she chose to protect her boyfriend. Notice, I do not say that she is right, neither do I say that she is wrong. She CHOSE to protect her boyfriend. Can anybody safely say that they've been in her position? Yeah, people say, "I wouldn't protect him. He murdered my child. He's a murderer. He should be punished." But have you been in that situation? Do you know how hard it is? She loved her daughter, I'm fairly sure. She loved her boyfriend too. I doubt very much that she'd want to suffer the loss of another loved one. What else does she have left, if her boyfriend is convicted? Again, I'm not saying that he should be set free, or he shouldn't be convicted. That is up to the law, not me. All I'm saying is.. people.. next time, before you go around calling people dogs or accusing them of commiting sins.. Put yourself in their shoes. Don't be arrogant enough to say "I would never have done that". Who knows what you would have done, unless you were in that position yourself? Have some empathy, people. We're all homo sapiens. We all have feelings. OK? Think about that next time.

No comments: