Wednesday 25 July 2007

Ah...

I absolutely love this poem.. It came out in The Star on Wednesday, by this guy (I think) named Jonan Wong. It's so................................ emo-ish. :)



Winter frost

Our love blossomed as spring begun,
As beautiful flowers bloomed under the sun
You held my hand and you touched my heart
From that moment on, we would never part

It felt like magic, the love that we shared
The greatest feeling that I've ever had
So I decided to let my words be few
For my heart spoke of an eternity with you

Then summer came and spring had to go
As for our love, it continued to grow
Then I was certain about you and I
That our young love would never die

Love grew deeper with each new day
We thought our summer would forever stay
Foolish we were, indulging in such bliss
We thought it would actually last like this

Our dear summer ended with a sigh
Leaves began falling, autumn drew nigh
Losing the magic that spring had brought
We gave our love second thoughts

Then I held you close and began to say
Don't leave, everything will be okay
But the change we felt could not be denied
For autumn had come, summer had died

And 'twas the end of summer's reign
With autumn's approach and with it, much pain
But pain wasn't the word to describe it
For it was only the tiniest bit

Of the tip of the iceberg that autumn brought
Beneath it all was worse than we thought
'twas then I really began to appreciate
The love we once shared as it moved towards hate

Autumn leaves fell, slowly, fading to gray
As did our love, slowly fading away
Autumn was longer than we thought it would be
We wished what came next, would come hastily

I went all out and said, "Come what may!"
"Be careful what you wish for," I heard some say
For out of the blue came a hint of snow
You gave me 'that look' and I said, "I know"

With a peck on the cheek we sealed our goodbyes
How I wish I could wipe those tears off your eyes
How I wish I could hold your hand once again
To say that our love would forever remain

But now I sit here all by myself, and all by myself I linger
With deep regret because I expected our love to last forever
But like the trees that fade and the flowers that wither
Our love wasn't strong enough to survive the winter.

No comments: